Our accredited Level 4 and Level 5 Laser / IPL training has been specifically designed, written and is delivered by industry qualified, experienced specialists. Each programme has been written to meet the Health Education England (HEE) ‘Guidelines’ and is mapped against the Quality Credit Framework (QCF); programmes are externally accredited by the CPD Accreditation Group and externally moderated by the City of London Dental School.
All learners will have a unique learners registration number and each certificate carries its own unique certificate number. Each certificate also has an embossed foil to prevent certificate being copied. The Wynyard Aesthetics Academy will maintain the learner register, which can be checked by employers, local authorities and insurance companies for verification purposes and to enable replacement certificates to be issued for which there is a replacement fee.
This is a compulsory element of the training as it provides the in-depth understanding of the safe use of lasers and IPL and a pre-requisite for all Laser and IPL training programmes.
Our Core of Knowledge: Laser / IPL courses cover:
- Understand the basic principles of laser generation and the differences in emission characteristics of laser and non-laser light.
- Understand laser-tissue interaction mechanisms and the penetration of light of different wavelengths through skin and eye.
- Understand laser hazard classification and the meaning of associated warning labeling on devices.
- Understand the hazards to skin and eye from accidental exposure, incidental hazards and the concepts of Maximum Permissible Exposure and Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment and Laser/Intense Pulse Light (IPL safety management).
- Understand the requirements for personal protection measures.
- Understand relevant legislation, standards and guidelines.
- Understand the different types of laser/IPL devices available on the market and what treatment opportunities they are able to provide.